Sunday, August 10, 2008

St.Lucia Minster of Sports Visit

Today we were visited in the games Village by Leonard  Montoute,  the Minister of Education and Sport in St.lucia.   He and I go way back,  back in 1996 before the Atlanta Olympics I competed in Puerto Rico with the St.Lucian Team.   Leonard was there with the team as a coach/Therapist.   I had a problem with my back from the long flight and Mr. Montoute worked on it for me.   Although he may still be willing, I don't think it would be appropriate for me to ask him to do it again today!  
One of the athletes I was competing with on the trip was a guy named Edmund Estephane, he was a 100 meter sprinter.  Since then he has become the Minister of Labor in the government.  makes me wonder what position I should take someday? 

1 comment:

dane said...

he is a good guy and would still work on your back old man lol