Tuesday, August 12, 2008



Today I had a great vault session in the morning,  at first I was struggling a bit and then I thought to myself, "What would Tom Hays tell me right now?"   Tom is a good friend of mine That coached me in College.  For that particular problem he would tell me to think about my right foot at takeoff,  and it worked great!  From that point on I had great jumps.   Thanks Tom!!    
After My training my Friend Juri Rovan (a pole vaulter from SLovenia, and a graduate of Northern Iowa) and I took a taxi done to Tiananmen Square.   We had a great time taking photos.   People were treating us like celebrities,  They were taking photos like crazy and asking for autographs.  Above is a picture of a soldier in front of the famous Mao painting. 



3 comments:

Terry Finisterre said...

Peace Corps volunteer Andy Behl is working on the next generation of St Lucian vaulters. After the Olympics (hopefully after making the final!) I'm looking forward to seeing you work with some of these kdis who are very eager to get into the event. Good luck, and drag Tobias along to get some pics of you in training, man!

dane said...

Man its good that you have your college coach in your head for guideance. Hope is there for the finals

Terry Finisterre said...

Dane, de man also has Henry Bailey, St Lucia's most experienced coach, to make sure he goes "up, brudda, up, up!" LOL. MUST jump 5.75!

Dom, dread, training pics!